"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes." - e. e. cummings

AddThis

Share |

6.11.2010

california

Share |
Hello everyone!

What a great day...I am surprised I am still awake as it is about 4 a.m. eastern time right now; fortunately my body seems to have adjusted quickly to the time change. (I really hope that is the case after our first day in Australia). I'm going to keep this update short because I am planning to get up at 7 with the guys to watch the first world cup game (Mexico vs. South Africa), wash some clothes, and pack things up. Not sure what you all think but I feel like Mexico is going to dominate South Africa...that's just how I feel.

Anyways, we got in very late to LAX last night around 1:30 in the morning due to delays in DC, where we met up with Scott. Our flight was pretty rough. Crammed, hot, no food offered, one drink, one movie, 5 1/2 hours. Don't fly United...ok maybe that's just my opinion, but it wasn't fun. My old hallmate and friend Brandon Hagopian, braved the late night hours and picked us up from the airport to transport us about 40 miles south of LA to Laguna Hills, in the OC.

It really beautiful here. We haven't had a ton of sun today, but it is really great to feel the dry weather. We did get burned at the park today; we kicked around a soccer ball and played some catch. We got into an REI for some last minute gear and got to drive around southern Cali a bit. Really great.

However, the best part of the day, and both of the guys would agree with me on this, was spending time with the Hagopian family. What a real joy they were. I had such a great time conversing with and being around them. They have truly been amazing hosts, made us feel at home from the start. And the meal this evening was beyond great...it was truly incredible! Huge ribeye steaks! Just spending time with this family has brought a lot of joy into my heart, and has really got me excited for all the people we will meet and stay with on this trip. People we don't know, but who share the common bond of Christ. It is a beautiful picture of what it means to love one another.

Needless to say we are happy to be here tonight, and super psyched for tomorrow. We will start with the world cup, then the beach, then the airport. We fly out at 10:20 p.m. so if you need to contact any of us try before then, because once we are out there the phones are going off for good. We will be able to check email and Facebook, etc. periodically so if you need to contact us that is the way...and if you'd like to talk at some point send us your Skype info, and maybe we'll be able to connect with you.

My last day at the conference I met a man who told me that Sydney, Australia was the most incredible place he had ever been. Let's just say I'm pumped.

Resting in the Lord's providence for this trip, I now He'll meet our needs and satisfy our souls...and I can't wait to see how He does it.


Chow.
-b garrison

No comments:

Post a Comment