"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes." - e. e. cummings

AddThis

Share |

11.25.2010

Washington here I come...

Share |

In the last two months I have been blessed to take a spontaneous trip to south FL, a kayaking trip to Charleston, SC, a backpacking trip to NC, a weekend staying in downtown Chattanooga for a missions conference, and last weekend at a retreat on the Ocoee River.


This week I'm in Washington state. And it's cold here. At the moment I'm in Kennewick, one of the "tri-cities" in the southeastern portion of the state, by the Columbia River. I flew into Spokane greeted by a foot of snow and single digit temperatures. Both are pretty unnatural to this time of year...in fact I believe that the temperature has been record low for the last couple of days. However, I'm really loving the snow...it is a beautiful layer of frosting over everything around; the view is so much more appealing from inside than the frigid temperatures once I open the door.



Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I am very blessed to be able to spend it with family, my grandparents and aunt, especially family that I don't get to see that often. There's not much more to this trip than that...I'm so thankful to be able to share this week with them.



And the snow is a cool addition. 14 inches of it at the moment. And it has been snowing on and off throughout the last couple of days. It was sunny for a few hours this morning and I took a walk for a while until I couldn't feel my hands anymore. The sun created a coat of sparkling glitter on the surface of the ground...and the pine trees looked like vanilla ice cream cones. It's funny to think what a little bit of frozen rain can do to a landscape.



Just now the TV had an alert that said "Beware of freezing fog"...what? I've never heard of such a thing, but apparently it happens.

Happy Thanksgiving!

-b garrison

No comments:

Post a Comment