"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes." - e. e. cummings

AddThis

Share |

10.04.2010

quick Florida trip

Share |

Well, hello everyone...it has been a little while since I've last had a post. Not that life has been dull or uneventful by any means; I've just been in one place most of the time.

We had the annual RA retreat in northern Alabama previous to the school year and the freshmen arrival. I've been to Atlanta a couple of times for different reasons. But nothing out of the ordinary. Except for my car hitting mile 55,555 on a trip to Atlanta. I got to see my friend Pedro perform at a show and me and my brother hit up the Varsity.


Last weekend I bought a kayak, not really planned. But awesome! This Wednesday I was able to take it out for a bit and it ended up being the perfect day out on the water.  I took it out to Booker T. Washington State Park on the Tennessee River and it really was a blast...so peaceful and so relaxing.




But this weekend I took an impromptu flight down to Fort Myers to surprise my mom, along with surprising my good friend Jason (Debo) and getting to spend some quality time with other friends (Pedro, Michael) and my parents. It really was a great trip! And a much needed vacation. God truly blessed the short time that I've had here (Saturday morning from 10 to Monday morning at 9). I had some really great time with people...truly blessed to have this opportunity. It's funny how God does that. I am so thankful for Him making every minute special. 

Right now I'm in the Palm Beach International Airport in West Palm Beach waiting for my flight to board. It was a beautiful day today...really gorgeous. It's started to get into the high 40s back on the mountain so it was nice to be down here and feel the warm sun on my skin and the 70 degree evenings underneath the majestic sunset. I hung out at the beach here for a little while which was great...I really miss the beach, and the beach is beautiful here. 

Well, now I'm heading back to the mountain and to Covenant. I'm praying that my time down here will have been not only restful and replenishing, but a time to really process and brainstorm through some things for work. That's all I got for now...


Blessings,

-b garrison

No comments:

Post a Comment