"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes." - e. e. cummings

AddThis

Share |

6.15.2011

On to Yangshuo!

Share |

Well, this chapter of my travels is over...we are about to be on the move, spending a few days in the Guilin/Yangshuo area and another few days in Beijing. I doubt I will get online in that period so the next time I'll post will probably be in Hong Kong on the 23rd.

My time at my sister's home has been really great. I am thoroughly satisfied with my time here. We did a lot of really cool things. Ate some awesome food, met some great people, saw both city and country.




Saturday had to be my favorite day. Emily's friend Xiao Li invited us to his farm for the day. It was so good to get out of the city, away from the pollution. And it was a beautiful day too! Xiao Li's family was amazing...I loved spending time with them in their home. He showed us around his farm, we went on an awesome hike up the top of the mountain and fought through some serious thorny plants, we picked peaches (which they love to eat crunchy), we grilled a bunch of great food (and the family cooked up a bunch of great dishes for us as well), we played Dutch Blitz, spent some time watching Yang Bing and a couple others buy chickens. It was an awesome day with an awesome family.












Sunday we spent the afternoon at Jinli Street and the Tibetan area which was also a highlight. We got to go to a Tea House performance and I bought some really cool Tibetan beads.




Here are a few videos of the week:




I don't have much time so I must bid farewell for now. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, this trip has already been life changing as my time here has begun to sink in.

 Much love.
-b garrison

No comments:

Post a Comment